It is almost unimaginable that 4 years have passed since the pieces were put into motion for change in representation for District 6, but it has. I have devoted my time, talents, and efforts in honoring my campaign promises to District 6. In addition, none of us could have predicted what started out as an Ethics Committee investigation would lead to Federal criminal indictments and guilty pleas by St. Louis County government officials charged with federal crimes, including the former County Executive, Steve Stenger, who is now serving a 3+ year sentence in Federal prison.
I am proud to be the Councilman from District 6, but without the people’s vigilance, along with honest representation, our communities and government are preyed upon daily and our liberties put at risk. The battle is real, as my opponent continually receive large contributions from individuals and corporations who don’t share our views on transparent, accountable, honest government and who find me to be an impediment to their pay-to-play schemes.
Below are just some of what I’ve been able to accomplish with your help since taking the oath to uphold the Constitution and fulfill the duties of the office of District 6 Councilman. We have made a great team thus far in this battle and, God willing, we will continue to stand for truth and count our victories.
- Chairman of the Ethics Committee – Responsible for exposing corruption in St. Louis County government leading to the indictment of Steve Stenger, Sheila Sweeney & others.
- Following Steve Stenger’s indictment, Better Together retracts its plans to merge the City and County.
- Jefferson Barracks expansion into Sylvan Springs.
- Revealed questionable leases at N.W. Plaza between the Glarner brothers & St. Louis County, and continues to demand renegotiation of leases that will save St. Louis County taxpayers millions of dollars.
- As Ex-Officio to Port Authority, demanded outside investigation of City of St. Louis Plan for Airport Privatization. Within 24 hours, Lyda Krewson announces the privatization plan is defunct.
- Uncovered secret plans for Creve Coeur Park ice skating facility disguised as storm water sewer project. Project stopped & withdrawn. Park remains green space.
- Loop Trolley exposed as fraud on taxpayers and denied additional St. Louis County taxpayer money.
- Uncovered plans to build $2.5 million bridge to one Steve Stenger donor in exchange for a $45k donation.
- Only NO vote to taxpayer continued funding of the St. Louis Convention Bureau in the amount of $240 Mil.
- Legislation intro’d and passed-1000 ft. buffer between vape/marijuana sales & churches, day cares, schools.
- Legislation intro’d and passed for 1 mile distance between storage unit facilities.
- New single family subdivisions.
- No new apartments or storage facilities without resident input.
- New business development – St. Louis Children’s Hospital Specialty Care Center, Affton Plaza, 9-Mile Garden, Fairfield Inn by Marriott, R&S Headquarter Expansion, Sentinel Emergency Solutions, Sylvan Spring Senior Living Facility (restricted to senior living in perpetuity), Cardinal Glennon Pediatrics, and more.
- No MetroLink Expansion into District 6 or anywhere in South St. Louis County.
- Stood up to & defeated a bogus Recall Effort & bogus Quo Warranto charge brought by Bob McCulloch.
- Intro’d bill to control Panhadling
- Cleaning up Problem Properties