St. Louis County Council 6
Ernie’s legal experience and skills litigating before the judicial branch of government, including arguing cases before U.S. Courts of Appeal, along with his work with the Committee on Interstate & Foreign Commerce at the U.S. House of Representatives, provides a rare District 6 candidate.
A Heart Now Filled!
- Married to Lori, with one daughter, Allyson
- Grew up in the nation’s Capitol
- Educated by the Sisters of Mercy, Christian Brothers, and Jesuits leading to a law degree from George Mason University
- Worked at the U.S. House of Representatives as a legislative aide
- Public Defender in the U.S. District Court of Columbia
- Served as Counsel to the Committee on Interstate and Foreign Commerce, Subcommittee on Transportation and Commerce coordinating and preparing legislation
- Represented members of the United Transportation Union & Brotherhood of the Locomotive Engineers in job-related claims
- During the last twenty years, represented students, public school districts, colleges, and universities in disability-based discrimination cases in federal courts
Ernie is skilled, knowledgeable, and equipped to be the assertive voice of District 6.
For far too long, South County was not been represented properly in St. Louis County government. Ernie’s character is solid and his convictions are strong. St. Louis County government has been highly impacted and influenced by Ernie Trakas’ leadership and efforts to stabilize and restore a bright future for the county.
Dedicated To Working For You
With my varied legal experiences, work ethic, convictions of right and wrong, and, most importantly, your vote and active engagement, we can restore the voice of the people in Council District 6 and remain vigilant over the people’s rights and business concerns in our area and the entire St. Louis County.